An unwavering focus on investors
Unlike any other investment company, we are built to create wealth only for our clients—not for outside owners. That motivates us to keep costs low—currently less than one-fifth the industry average.* This helps our fund investors to seek better earnings over time.
Serving individuals and professionals worldwide
We are stewards of the assets of more than 20 million clients. With offices around the world we serve:
- Individuals investing on their own.
- Participants in employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Financial advisors.
- Institutional investors.
- Investors outside the United States.
Creating a better way of life in our communities
Our crew members volunteer thousands of hours to charitable programs, donate millions of dollars to worthy causes, and support a free K-12 curriculum that teaches thousands of students basic financial concepts.
We're also expanding our efforts toward long-term environmental sustainability.
- . . . One of the world's largest investment management companies . . .
- . . . About $3 trillion in assets under management (as of December 2014) . . .
- . . . In business since 1975 . . .
- . . . Approximately 240 funds and ETFs offered worldwide . . .
- . . . More than 14,000 employees . . .
- . . . Oldest fund started in 1929 . . .
- . . . Started first index mutual fund in 1976 . . .
- . . . Average fund costs less than one-fifth the industry average* . . .